Creating custom time off banks allows administrative users to further customize the way employee time off is categorized and stored within employee profiles. Administrators will be able to add custom time off banks by creating and configuring a new, unique earning code and updating employee classes.
Important things to note:
The custom time off banks setting is not enabled by default within ESO Scheduler. If you are unsure that you have this setting enabled, please contact support. We will be more than happy to enable the feature for you!
Add a New Earning Code:
First, you will need to define a unique earning code to be associated with the custom time off bank.
- Navigate to Administrator > Keywords
- Select "Earning Codes" from the Keyword Lists drop-down
- Enter a Keyword Value to identify the earning code by
- Enter a Descriptor to further define the earning code
- Enter a number for the Sort Order
- Click the green Add button
- The new earning code should now display in the list below
Define a Custom Time Bank:
Next you will need to define your custom time bank.
- Navigate to ePro Scheduler > Payroll > Configure Payroll> Configure Earning Properties
- Select "Timeoff (Other)" from the Item Type drop-down
- Select the earning code that was created in the previous step from the Earning Code drop-down
- Configure the radio buttons as needed to meet the needs of the custom time off bank
- Add a Schedule Description which will act as the name of the custom bank
- Check the box next to "Make available as a custom time off bank"
- Click the green Add button
- Under the "Time-Off (Other) Earning Code Properties" section, the new earning code should now display with a summary of the configured properties
Add The Custom Time Bank to Employee Classes:
Finally, you need to add the custom time bank to any applicable employee class(es).
- Navigate to ePro Scheduler > Payroll > Configure Payroll > Configure Employee Classes
- Click the name of an employee class for which you want to add the custom time off bank to
- At the bottom of the form, under Custom Banks, select the custom bank that was created in the previous step from the Available Banks drop-down
- Click the green Add Bank button
- The custom time off bank should now display with a red "x" just below the Available Banks drop-down
- Lastly, click the blue Update button
Once you have added the custom time off bank to the appropriate employee class(es), check your employees profiles. Please keep in mind that your employees will only have access to custom time off banks that are listed in their assigned employee class!
One last note:
Custom time off banks can be set up to accept automatic accruals and deductions. If this is something that you are interested in, please contact support for further assistance.
Article is closed for comments.