Depending on what certifications an employee has, they can work various roles on a shift. These roles are referred to as Qualifications. Thew ability to tie these qualifications directly to all required certifications helps ensure that employees are never scheduled for something they shouldn't be.
Important things to note: This walk-through will help you add or edit the Qualifications available in the database. Adding or editing the qualifications listed in an employee profile can be done under the Employees > Manage Employees tool.
To begin you will navigate to Administrator > Qualifications. This will bring up the Setup Qualifications page.
From here you can begin adding new Qualifications by entering the information below and clicking the green 'Add' button.
- The 'Qualification Name' text field allows you to enter Qualification name.
- The 'Order' text field will determine where the Qualification shows up in your list. You can list this as a whole number or with a decimal value.
- The 'Paramedic'check box will flag this Qualification on your schedule worksheet with a red asterisk and also allows you to filter Paramedics in certain scheduling reports.
- The 'Flag On Worksheet' will add a green asterisk next to any employee with this qualification on the schedule worksheet.
Once you have added the new qualification, you will see a blue notification at the top of the page confirming the addition.
Note: Here is how the 'Flag On Worksheet' option will look when applied to a Qualification an employee has listed in their Employee Profile.
To edit am existing qualification, click on blue link of the qualification name. This will populate the fields above and allow you to make your changes. When finished, you will click the blue 'Update' button to save your changes.
Setting up Qualification Dependencies:
Often you will have situations where an employee who holds one Qualification also qualifies them to work other roles. The most common example of this would be an employee that is qualified as a Paramedic is then automatically also to work shifts as an EMT. To accommodate these dependencies you can set up Qualifications Dependencies.
To begin you will click on the blue 'Qualification Dependencies' link at the top of the Setup Qualifications window.
This will bring up the Setup Qualifications Dependencies window.
In the first drop down box you will need to select your senior qualification.
In the second drop down box you will then select the qualification that the senior qualification is also qualified for and add it by clicking on the grey 'Plus' button.
- Note: You may add as many secondary qualifications as you need.
Setting up Certification Requirements
For many qualifications to be valid, there may be certifications that are required by law to be current. Adding certification requirements will allow you to monitor if an employee is missing or has an expired certification and may even prevent an employee from punching in for or being scheduled until they provide an updated certificate.
- NOTE: You can view our support article Adding and Editing Certifications for more information on setting up certifications in your database.
To begin you will need to click on the blue 'Certification Requirements' link at the top of the Setup Qualifications window.
This will bring up the Setup Certifications Requirements Window.
In the Employee Qualification drop down box you will need to select the qualification you wish to assign the certifications too.
In the second drop down box you will select the certification you wish to assign to the qualification. Once you have selected your certification you will need to click the green 'Add' button.
- NOTE: You may add as many certifications to a qualification as you need.
Below you can see that our example employee is scheduled to work a shift as a Paramedic but has several certifications that need to be addressed. This is possible because we set up the Certification Requirements for that Qualification.