The Shift Swap tools allow you to view and manage shift swap and shift sub requests. Schedulers can view shift swap requests by scheduled date span or submitted date span or use Home Cost Center and District filters to drill down to specific groups of employees. This view provides options for displaying pending, approved, denied, or all shift swap requests.
Important things to note:
Shift Swap approvals may be restricted by pay week, pay period, an even exchange time off policy, the employee's accepting status, or may be disabled altogether. These settings are configurable under Scheduling Admin > Configure. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact support.
To begin you will navigate to ePro Scheduler > Scheduling > Shift Swaps.
Once on the page you will have the ability to query by the request status. In our example we are searching for all pending requests.
- The 'Employee' drop down menu allows you to select specific employees or all employees.
- The 'Query By' drop down defaults to Pending requests and filters requests by status.
- The 'Home Cost Center' drop down allows you to filter by an employee's home cost center assignment.
- The'Display' defaults to the requested 'Schedule Date' but provides an option to filter by the requested 'Submit Date.'
After pulling the pending requests, we can now select one to manage by clicking the calendar with a question mark icon.
- The 'Submitted on' column displays the date Employee (1) submitted the request. Displays 'Emp Comment' to indicate Employee (1) has entered a request comment. Displays 'Sch Comment' to indicate supervisor comments have been entered for the request.
- The 'Employee (1)' column displays the employee ID number and name for the first employee requesting to swap or sub their assigned shift.
- The 'Date (1)' column displays the date of the shift Employee (1) is requesting
- The 'Employee (2)' column displays the employee ID number and name for the second employee requesting to swap their assigned shift or sub for the first employee's assigned shift.
- The 'Date (2)' column displays the date of the shift Employee (2) is requesting to swap or 'TBD' to indicate a sub request.
- The 'Employee Status' column displays 'Pending' to indicate Employee (2) has yet to approve or deny the request, 'Accepted' to indicate they are willing to swap or sub for Employee (1), or 'Declined' to indicate they have rejected the request to swap or sub.
- The 'Prior Approval' column displays a red 'No' by default and a blue 'Yes' to indicate the 'Prior Approval' check box has been checked in the status window. Prior approval is an optional tool for operations that require a two-step management approval process for shift swap or sub requests.
- The 'Approved By' column displays the name of the management user that approved the request.
- The 'Approved Date' column displays the date the request was approved.
- The 'Status' column displays to indicate a pending request, to indicate an approved request, and to indicate a denied request.