Once the schedule has been created and published, you may need to occasionally add new shifts. You can do this easily from any schedule view in ePro Scheduler.
Important things to note:
When adding a shift through the green 'New' button, please note that you are unable to enter an 'End Time' and will be required to instead enter the 'Start Time' and 'Duration' of a shift, which will calculate the end time.
Adding a shift can be done from any page where you have access to the schedule but for our walk through, we'll be looking at it from the Schedule Worksheet. To begin you will first navigate to ePro Scheduler > Scheduling > Schedule Worksheet.
From this page you have access to the green 'New' button that will bring up the Create New Schedule Entry pop up.
Once you have opened the Create New Schedule Entry window you have access to all the fields to add a new item to your schedule.
- The 'Quick Lookup' allows you to quickly search for an employee by typing their name.
- The 'Select Employee' drop down allows you select the name of the employee you wish to assign to the shift. If you do not select a name the shift will be created as an open shift.
- The 'Item type'' drop down allows select the type of payroll hours you want the shift to be reported as.
- The 'Shift' drop down allows you to assign the shift name based on existing shift profiles.
- The 'Qualification' drop down allows you to select the type of position you need assigned to the shift.
- The 'Cost Center' drop down allows you to select which cost center you want applied to the shift.
- The 'Earning Code' drop down allows you to change the type or earning code applied.
- The 'Day' drop down allows you to select which pay period and day you want to create the shift.
- The 'Start Time' field allows you to adjust the time you want the shift to start.
- The 'Duration' field allows you to adjust the length of time you want the shift to last.
- The 'End Time' will auto populate depending on the duration you have set.
- The 'Shift Break' field allows you to enter the allowed number of minutes for break on this shift. These minutes will no calculate in the duration and are considered unpaid.
- The 'Special Rate' field allows you to manually add a special pay rate for the shift.
- The 'Comment' field is an expandable field that allows you to add notes or comments to a schedule item.
- The 'Notify By' check boxes allow you to send a notification by email or text to the employee informing them that changes have been made to their schedule item.
Once you have updated all the fields, you will click the green 'Save' button.
This will bring up another pop up window letting you know a schedule item has been created. Click on OK and the item will update on your Schedule Worksheet.
When you've completed this, you will see your new shift on the schedule along side you other previously created shifts.