The Legacy Discrepancy tool provides the ability to view and manage payroll exceptions. Giving you the ability to decide to pay an employee based on their original scheduled times or to update an item to match their punch times.
Important things to note:
In 2016 we released a new updated version of the Discrepancy tool with upgraded functionality. For more information about enabling the new software, please contact support for assistance.
To start checking discrepancies you will navigate to ePro Scheduler > Timekeeping > Discrepancies.
From here you can begin going through your discrepancies / exceptions based on date. We recommend that you check discrepancies once a day for the previous date.
- The 'Filter By' radio buttons allow you to toggle between Cost Center or District. (District only appears here if this has been enabled for your Database.)
- The 'Home Cost Center' drop down allows you to narrow your query to a specific Employee Home Cost Center.
- The 'Unit Filter' text field allows you to filter by specific Shifts
- The 'Show All' check box provides the ability to see the discrepancies that have been already checked off for that day.
- The 'Query' button searches for discrepancies based on your filters.
- The 'Update' button applies the changes made to the listed discrepancies.
- The 'Threshold Setting' link provides a pop up box when your mouse hovers above it allowing you to see the Discrepancy Thresholds that have been set up under Timekeeping > Configure Timekeeping. If you need assistance updating these, please contact support.
- The 'Unresolved' link opens up a new window that shows all unresolved discrepancies for a specific day.
Once you click the 'Query' button, any pending discrepancies will be displayed similar to our example below.
Types of Discrepancies:
There are several types of discrepancies error messages depending on the punches or lack there of. Each one is handled differently depending on your company's timekeeping policy / threshold settings.
In our example we have our thresholds set so that anything outside of a seven (7) minute range will be caught and displayed for review.
When both punches are present but they don't properly match the scheduled time and fall outside of your timekeeping thresholds the discrepancy will have a red box allowing for a quick update.
- The 'Punched In Earlier Than Scheduled Time' error indicates an employee has punched in earlier than their original schedule start time and breached the 'Early In' threshold setting.
- The 'Punched In Later Than Scheduled Time' error indicates an employee has punched in later than their original schedule start time and breached the 'Late In' threshold setting.
- The 'Punched Out Earlier Than Scheduled Time' error indicates an employee has punched out earlier than their original schedule end time and breached the 'Early Out' threshold setting.
- The 'Punched Out Later Than Scheduled Time' error indicates an employee has punched out later that their original schedule end time and breached the 'Late Out' threshold setting.
In this example, there is a missing punch.
- The 'Total/Punch Schedule Mismatch' error indicates an employee is missing a punch or that both punches have breached the 'Total Minutes' threshold setting.
In this example, the employee punched in and out but was not scheduled to work.
- The 'Schedule Item Not Found' error indicates an employee does not have a scheduled shift for the selected date. Note: an employee will not be paid unless a shift is assigned or created.
This example shows an employee that has no punch data. This might be due to missed punches or a call out that hasn't yet been addressed.
There is no need to add the punches in the system since payroll is driven by the scheduled times and not the punches. For this example, the scheduler or manager would simply use the pencil and paper icon to correct the times if needed.
- The 'No Punches for Schedule Item' indicates an employee is missing both punches for a scheduled shift.
There are multiple ways to clear out discrepancies depending on the type.
If both punches are present, you will have access to the red discrepancy bat. This allows you to update the start time, duration, end time, and break amount. Once finished making changes you would click the 'Check Box' in the red bar.
To pay based on the the 'Original Schedule Time' you would simply select the check box on the far left beside the employee name.
To create a new schedule item for an employee that wasn't originally scheduled to work but has punch data, you would click on the green 'Plus Sign' button and input a new schedule item for that employee on that day.
Article is closed for comments.