Once installation of the BioClock drivers and software has been completed, the software will need to be configured for your company.
Important things to note:
These instructions were written using Windows 10, however they should be applicable to all versions of the Windows operating system going back as far as Windows XP Service Pack 3.
To begin you will navigate to the default installation location and launch the application called 'ePro BioClock Admin'. The actual address location in your File Explorer will be C:\Program Files (x86)\eCore\ePro BioClock.
Once you have opened the ePro BioClock Admin Portal, you will be prompted to login using a password. If you have not ever set a password, you can leave this field blank and simply click the grey 'Submit' button.
If you have forgotten your admin password, you can click the 'X' in the upper right hand corner of the login box to bypass this and access the forgot password option.
Once you have logged in you will have access to all Admin options.
To update configuration options, you will navigate to Tools > Configure ePro BioClock.
From this window you will have access to update the following options. When you complete updating the configuration settings for your BioClock station, you will click the grey 'Save' button.
- The 'ePro BioClock Name' field allows you to rename the specific BioClock station you are accessing. Updating this name can assist with checking what stations are being used by employees.
- The 'Server ID' field should match the Server ID on file with eCore Software Inc. for your company. If you aren't sure what this is, please contact support for assistance.
- The 'Server Location' should auto populate with the correct details and does not need to be edited or changed.
- The 'Administrator Password' field allows you to set a password for the 'ePro BioClock Admin' portal if you wish. Leaving this field blank is an option.
- The 'Operational Mode' radio button allows you to toggle between two types of BioClock.
- PIN: Employees both enter their employee ID and scan their finger print to punch in and out.
- One Touch: Employees scan their finger print to punch in and out.