Installing a time clock with our Timekeeping software and only takes about 5 minutes to set to ensure that your employees will be able to clock in and out of their shifts with ease.
Important things to note:
If you already have your time clocks installed but are encountering an issue, please contact our support team so that we can further assist.
First, you will need to access the ePro Scheduler from the physical location/device where you would like to install the time clock. You will then navigate to ePro Scheduler > Timekeeping > Manage Time Clocks. From here you have access to add one of four types of time clocks: IP address, IE Mac Address, Location Based, and BioClock.
- The 'Time Clock Name' field allows you to name the time clock. This will display with the employee punch record allowing you to track where an employee is punching in or out.
- The 'Clock Type' drop down menu allows you to select the time clock type setup. This will be either IP, MAC, Location Based, or BioClock.
- The 'IP Address' field is where you will enter the IP address if you select this time clock type.
- The 'Location Based' field is where you will enter the IP address if you select this time clock type.
- The 'MAC Address' field is where you will enter the MAC Address is you select this time clock type.
- The 'Time Zone' drop down menu allows you to select the timezone for the time clock
- The 'Enabled' check box will determine if the time clock can be accessed or not.
- The 'This Computer's IP Address' field will display the IP Address for your current location/device.
- The 'This Computer's MAC Address' field will display the MAC address for your computer if active X is enabled.
IP Address Setup:
An IP address is a temporary name and address a device is given when it joins a network. Depending on your network, the IP Address might be shared with more than one device. This means several computers would have the same IP address and the time clock would be available at each of those locations/devices. However, this type of time clock can be accessed by any web browser.
- First, type a name for your clock and select "IP Address" as the Clock Type.
- Then, type your IP Address; note that the IP address for the computer you are currently on is displayed on this page in blue, so you can copy and paste it into the IP Address box.
- Then, select a Time Zone. Last, check the "Enabled" box, and click Add.
MAC Address Setup:
The MAC address is a unique number hard coded into every network interface. Manufacturers have ranges of MAC addresses which they assign to devices when they are made. MAC addresses are like finger prints in that they uniquely identify an interface and are never shared. Thus, MAC address time clocks ensure that the designated device is the only device that can access the time clock.
This type of time clock must be accessed using Internet Explorer because IE is the only browser configured to look for and read MAC Addresses. Before setting up this clock, the following changes must be made in Internet Explorer:
Add ePro-Plus to your list of trusted sites.
Select the gears tab in Internet Explorer, then click on "Internet Options."
Select the security tab, then trusted sites, then click the "Sites" button. Then, add https://www.epro-plus.com to the list of trusted sites.
Allow ActiveX Control
On the Security tab in the Internet Options window, click "Custom Level" to bring up a dialog window that will allow you to adjust your security settings.
Make the following changes under the header labeled "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" :
- Select enable ‘Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins’
- Select prompt under "Initialize and script ActiveX Controls not marked as safe"
Then, return to the time clock screen and set up your new clock. Enter a name for the time clock, select IE MAC address. Your MAC address will appear on the screen in blue, so you can copy and paste it into the MAC Address box. Then, select a Time Zone. Last, check the "Enabled" box, and click the green 'Add' button.
Setting up a BioClock time clock within ePro Scheduler provides you with a better ability to track the different BioClock locations being used.
Note: You do not have to create a BioClock time clock within ePro to punch in using the BioClock.
In the 'Time Clock Name' field you will enter the name used for the specific BioClock when setting it up using the ePro BioClock Admin Portal Configuration. (If you are unsure about the name of your BioClock or have not given it a distinct name and need help please contact Support.)
For the 'Clock Type' drop down you will select select ePro BioClock. The 'Time Zone' drop down is for the corresponding timezone that the BioClock is located in. Next, you will select the 'Enable' check box. Finally, click on the green 'Add' button and this will create the new Bio Clock time Clock.
Now you can set the radius for the time clock that determines the area that will allow access to the time clock to clock in and out. The distance can be in feet or meters. (1 m = 3.28 ft; 1 ft = 0.0305 m)
Select the timezone that corresponds to the timezone for the time clock's location.