Company Codes provide the ability to configure payroll file destinations associated to home cost center assignments. A separate payroll file is generated for each company code configured.
To begin adding or editing Company Codes in your system, you will navigate to Administrator > Keywords.
This will take you to a page where you will choose the Company Codes option from the 'Keyword Lists' drop down field shown below.
To add a new Company Code, you will enter the Keyword Value, Descriptor, and Sort Order. You will then click the green 'Add' button.
- The 'Keyword Value' is the name or code that represents your Company Code. This can have any naming convention appropriate for your company. In our examples, we have listed them as abbreviated alphanumeric codes. This field can not be changed or edited once it has been created.
- The 'Descriptor' is a more long hand way of describing the Company Code's Keyword Value.
- The "Sort Order' will determine where the Company Code shows up in your list. You can list this as a whole number or with a decimal value like in our example.
- The 'Default Row' check box will allow you to indicate if this Company Code should be the default item that always shows up in the Company Code drop down fields across the system.
- The 'Hide' check box will allow you to hide or un-hide the Company Code from the system, essentially making it inactive.
Once you have added your new Company Code, the page will refresh showing it in the list depending on the sort order you chose.
To edit an existing Company Code you will click on the blue link of the Company Code. This will populate the fields with the Company Code details. Once you make a change, such as hiding the Company Code, you will click the blue 'Update' button.
Mapping Company Codes to Cost Centers:
Company Codes should be mapped to Cost Centers in order to properly process payroll files.
To map the Company Code to Cost Centers you will navigate to ePro Scheduler > Payroll > Configure Payroll > Map Cost Centers to Company Codes.
Here you will be brought to a page where you can quickly map Cost Centers to Company Codes using the provided drop down fields. Once you have chosen the items to map you will click the green 'Add' button.
The newly mapped items will show up in the order they were added. To remove or delete a mapping, you will simply click on the blue link of a Cost Center.
You will be asked to confirm the action, to do this you will click the green 'Confirm' button.
Article is closed for comments.